OLLI Council President
Click here for Alan's bio
Members who serve in a leadership role on the OLLI Council or as a Committee Chair enjoy a particularly rich experience. This deeper kind of member participation provides opportunities to apply expertise developed over a lifetime, apply it in new ways, and form closer connections with fellow OLLI members.
OLLI Council. OLLI members elect a governing Council of nine individuals. The Council determines OLLI policies and oversees implementation of its programs and activities, consistent with the policies of SOU and the OLLI at SOU Bylaws. The terms of Council members are staggered in order to have continuity of leadership within the organization. In other words, three Council members are elected each year by OLLI members to serve for a period of three years. The officers of OLLI are the same as the officers of the Council, and consist of a President, Vice-President/President Elect, Secretary and Treasurer.
OLLI Committees. The OLLI Council selects Committee Chairs for each operational area with oversight by a specific member of the Council. For a complete list of these committees and their function, see Volunteering.
Council Agenda and Minutes. OLLI members are welcome to attend Council meetings, generally scheduled the third Monday of the month. An agenda for the meeting is posted here a week prior. Approved minutes for at least the three most recent meetings can also be found here.
- Proposed Bylaw Changes September 22, 2014
- Council Agenda September 15, 2014
- Council Agenda July 21, 2014
- Council Agenda June 16, 2014
- Council Agenda May 19, 2014 [revised 5/19]
- Council Agenda May 9, 2014
- Council Agenda April 14, 2014
- Council Meeting Minutes, July 21, 2014
- Council Meeting Minutes, June 16, 2014
- Council Meeting Minutes, May 19, 2014
- Council Meeting Minutes, May 14, 2014
- Council Meeting Minutes, May 9, 2014
- Council Meeting Minutes, April 21, 2014
Council Budget. The current OLLI budget is provided here in PDF format.