School of Business
The School of Business offers a broad variety of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate programs including:
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Public Accounting (CPA track) (2011-12 catalog) (2012-13 catalog)
- Managerial Accounting (2011-12 catalog) (2012-13 catalog)
- Management (2011-12 catalog) (2012-13 catalog)
- Marketing (2011-12 catalog) (2012-13 catalog)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management (2011-12 catalog) (2012-13 catalog)
Bachelor of Applied Science in Management
- Business-Chemistry (2011-12 catalog) (2012-13 catalog)
- Financial Mathematics (Business-Math 2011-12 catalog) (2012-13 catalog)
- Business-Physics (2011-12 catalog) (2012-13 catalog)
- Music-Business (2011-12 catalog) (2012-13 catalog)
Minor in Business Administration
Earn a certificate in your field of interest to increase your knowledge, expertise, and marketability. For undergraduates, a certificate may substitute for a minor area of study in meeting business administration degree requirements. Business certificates are open to all majors and may be earned as part of an undergraduate degree or by those who have previously earned a bachelor's degree.
International Dual Degrees - Students in one of these programs earn both a business degree from SOU and a degree from a university abroad. Dual degree programs may be completed within a four-year plan of study.
Study Abroad - Gain an international perspective by studying in a foreign country for a quarter, a year, or four as short as three weeks during the summer. For complete listing of international opportunities visit Office of International Programs.
Add experience to your resume through a School of Business internship. Apply your classroom learning to the working world under the mentorship of business professionals.
Undergraduate business programs with flexibility
If you think your life situation will not allow you to attend college...think again. The School of Business offers classes that are readily accessible at multiple locations and in multiple formats: day or evening, on-line, or a hybrid combination of face-to-face and online.
Business Degree Completion Program: for students who have completed about 45-90 quarter credits to transfer and finish their business degree while working and/or raising a family.
Bachelor of Applied Science in Management: evening and online
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting: online or day.
Accelerated Baccalaureate Program: allows high-achieving Freshmen to complete their business administration degrees in three years instead of four!
Business Administration Degree Requirements
A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is made up of five major components:
- University Studies Requirements
This liberal arts component of the Bachelor's Degree.
Visit www.sou.edu/access/acadvising/ for details.
- Lower Division Business Core Requirements (Pre-Business Program)
|Ec 201||Microeconomics (4 cr)|
|Ec 202||Macroeconomics (4 cr)|
|Math 243||Elementary Statistics (4 cr)|
|Additional Math (4 cr) Must be numbered 100 or higher|
|BA 100||Orientation to the School of Business (1 cr)|
|BA 131||Business Computer Applications (4 cr)|
|BA 211||Accounting Information I (4 cr)|
|BA 213||Accounting Information II (4 cr)|
|BA 226||Business Law (4 cr)|
|BA 282||Applied Business Statistics (4 cr)|
- Upper Division Business Core Requirements
|BA 330||Principles of Marketing (4 cr)|
|BA 374||Principles of Management (4 cr)|
|BA 380||Operations Management (4 cr)|
|BA 382||Management Information Systems (4 cr)|
|BA 385||Principles of Finance (4 cr)|
|BA 427||Business Policy and Strategy (4 cr)|
|BA 409 or BA 428||Pracicum (4 cr) or Applied Business Research (4 cr)|
|BA 499||Business Planning|
- Select a Concentration Option
- Public Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Select a Non-Business Minor or SOU Certificate or one year study abroad