Professional Development Workshops for Your Staff
From marketing to human resources, business communications to risk management, SOU faculty can provide a straight-forward, useful framework for your staff to better understand and manage the fundamentals that underlie their day-to-day work.
Sample workshops include:
- Optimizing Group Work: Have you felt frustrated by the number of ineffective meetings creeping onto your schedule? By apparent agreement on a goal dissolving into a lack of real commitment to the task? Learn more about group dynamics and communication and the way process supports or undermines content.
- Five Accounting Ideas To Save You Money: Especially for those who have had to learn on the job, this workshop helps you see beyond "the way we've always done things" to grasp new ideas and processes. Easy to implement ways to cut costs and boost profits right now - you can't afford to wait!
- Effective Web-based Market Research: Learn to use the power of a simple internet connection to gather reliable market research. Real data will help you target the best new business development opportunities. No more guesswork - you will have thoughtfully developed and tested data to base your decisions on.
- What Small Business Owners Can Learn From The Fortune 100: Use case studies to explore how the most successful businesses have faced the same challenges as you, and used them as a stepping stone to greater success. Analyze recurring trends in these stories of success, and discuss how to apply the same strategies in your organization.
- Principles of Leadership: Freshen up your leadership team with this dynamic, insightful examination of perspectives on leadership. Start with a quick overview of recurring themes in today's hot leadership books, then drill down to a close look at your potential. Chart steps from potential to reality, and make a plan to move forward with leadership in your own life.
- Risk Management Today: Theoretical analysis joins up with industry experience to bring you a fast-paced look at the most significant things you can do to limit your liability as a business. Learn from the mistakes of others! Reduce your exposure, insurance costs, and the amount of time your business spends on dealing with problems.
The workshops can be held on SOU's Ashland or Medford campus, or at the employer's site. They can be from 1-3 hours (depending on the employer's preference) and will be focused on practical, immediately applicable skill development. The SOU faculty teaching these workshops will adapt the most useful nuggets from current research and teaching for concrete application to today's workforce problems.
Call 552-6899 or email email@example.com to explore workshop subjects, date and time that are perfect just for your staff.
Professional Development for Counselors and Psychologists
Sharpen your professional skills with workshops offered by faculty and
guest lecturers from the SOU Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program.
University-sponsored workshops bring you the latest updates in the field.
SOU has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP 4327. SOU is solely
responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Workshops take place on the Ashland campus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for
information regarding upcoming events.
SOU’s Information Technology staff bring their organizational training expertise to your staff with fun, quick-paced and immediately applicable classes. Bring your entire office staff to the SOU computer lab for hands-on workshops.
Workshops can be one, two, or three hours long, on individual applications or a combination of applications. They can be held at your site or at the SOU Computing Lab. These workshops are perhaps the most cost-effective, useful, entertaining and team-building thing you will do for your employees this year! Call 552-6899 or email email@example.com for more information.
Professional Development for Business Leaders
Southern Oregon University’s executive and management training workshops address skills gaps identified by local employers. Could your company’s executives use just a little more confidence in making presentations to the board, the press, or the public? Do you have good managers who struggle with some aspects of developing a work team? Does your leadership team have a solid grasp of how to grab and spin data into a precious resource? These skills make all the difference in growing from good to GREAT. Register employees (or yourself!) now in:
Presentation Skills for Professionals (Cynthia Scherr) – January 27 and February 3 (2 sessions), 8:30-11:30am
Using Data to Drive Strategy (Stephen Lindsay) – March 16, 8:30-11:30am
The Second Conversation: Power & Influence in a Connected World (Jennifer Joss) – April 20, 8:30-11:30am
Collaboration: Building Teamwork Skills (Wendy Baughman) – May 4, 8:30-11:30am
Click on the above links to register, or call 541-552-8150.
What kind of workforce training does your office need? How will you ready yourself for the next professional challenge? SOU provides both you and your staff with opportunities for professional development. Many university classes are available to community members to attend as “non-admitted students”; call 552-6899 for information on registration or use the Non-admitted Student Enrollment Form [PDF]. Beyond our degree programs, we offer classes and short workshops with an emphasis on practical application and immediate effectiveness. Click on the header for more information:
- Business Start-up and Development
For entrepreneurs who are thinking about starting a business or for those existing businesses that are looking to develop and prosper, these workshops and classes will provide essential education and training. Choose from classroom formats or online learning, all of which are taught by experienced business professionals.
- Computer Skills
These classes are well organized and entertaining! They are "hands on", with great hand-outs to remind you of the skills you've learned. You'll be amazed at how much you can learn in each of these feature packed sessions.
- Professional Development for Business Leaders
For business leaders with a bachelor’s degree, one- and two-credit short courses offer immediately applicable new skills along with the opportunity to network with other professionals from across the region.
- Innovation and Leadership Degree Completion Program
For working professionals with some previous college experience and at least five years of work experience beyond entry level. Coursework reflects the realities of leadership in today's workplace.
- Professional Development for Teachers
Keep your license current with classes from the SOU School of Education! No need to be admitted to a degree program to take advantage of your local university.
- Online classes
An amazing array of non-credit continuing education is available through our partnership with Ed2Go. From grant writing to web page design, writing to business administration, these six-week courses start mid-month each month and offer the total flexibility of attending class from your own computer desk.
- Workshops For Your Staff
Looking for high quality training that produces real results? Two- or three-hour workshops taught by SOU faculty can give your staff the working skills to make you more efficient and effective.
Because our professional development programs are focused on serving the southern Oregon / northern California region, we are always interested in designing new courses to meet your professional and organizational needs. Please let us know how SOU can best meet your workforce development needs: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.