Ashland and the Rogue Valley
SOU’s main campus is located in Ashland, Oregon, an ideal college town with its own rich heritage of culture and outdoor activities that complement life on campus.
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival: 783 annual performances of 11 productions
- Britt Music Festivals: Summer jazz, classical, and rock concerts
- Mt. Ashland Ski & Snowboard Resort: 1,150 vertical feet, 23 runs, and 4 chairlifts
- Rogue, Klamath, and Illinois Rivers: World-class fishing and rafting
- Crater Lake: The second-deepest lake in North America
- Outdoor Recreation: The Pacific Crest Trail, and several lakes and rivers all within twenty miles of the Ashland campus