SOU provides notetaking accommodations through one of two possible methods: loan of a Livescribe smart pen or traditional notetaking (below).
It is the student's responsibility to submit a notetaker request at least 10 days prior to the first class. Later requests will be filled in the order in which they are received.
To request notetaking services for a class, log in to AIMS and register for services in your classes. Make sure to select "Notetaker" for the classes you need. If you need assistance in logging in, please see the tutorials page.
Notes may be supplied by any of the following methods:
- Blackboard notes supplied by instructor
- class notes supplied by a notetaker in the class
- class notes supplied by instructor
- Are notetakers paid? Notetakers who successfully complete a term of notetaking receive a $50 gift certificate per course as a thank-you for volunteering.
- How will I receive my notes? You will be able to download them from AIMS at any time of the day or night.
- How soon will I receive my notes? We ask our notetakers to get notes to you within 24 hours of class.
- What if I have a problem? If the notes you are receiving are inadequate, illegible, or late, please email the Notetaking Coordinator as soon as possible, and absolutely before the end of the term.
- Do I still have to attend class? YES. Notetaking services are not a substitute for attending class. If you fail to attend class for a reason not related to your disability, your notetaking service may be interrupted or withdrawn.