Advising and Counseling
Academic Support Programs, located in Stevenson Union, provides all the resources and support your student may need. At Academic Support Programs, your student can receive academic advising, disability services, math placement, and referals to free resources for tutoring for mathematics writing classes, and Veterans Services. Personal Counseling is available through the Student Health and Wellness Center.
There are a number of ways to visit SOU available to the prospective student to find out more about Southern Oregon University. Parents and families are welcome to accompany their student to find out first hand what life at SOU is like!
You might want to try SOU's Preview Days and Preview Weekends to get a first hand view of life at SOU. Preview Days will introduce you, your student and family to the many facets of campus life and to the people that make the University a special place. You will tour campus and the residence halls, meet with faculty, and explore resources and facilities including dining in the Cascade Food Court. There is no cost for the Preview Day program. Our Preview Weekends provide your student with everything that Preview Days provide and more: the opportunity to become a Raider for a weekend including staying overnight in an SOU residence hall! Advance registration and payment is required for Preview Weekends.
SOU maintains a number of helpful resources on our parent guide. We have published this guide with the mission of helping you easily navigate the university and its surrounding community during your visit, as well as provide you with helpful tips and resources when you are back home.
Federal regulations limit what we may divulge to you about your student once he or she begins attending SOU. SOU firmly protects the confidentiality of student information and fully complies with the FERPA Act of 1974. If you have concerns about your student you wish to convey to someone here at the University, see the contact numbers below to determine who to call.
Resources and Contacts
Here are a few other essential contacts should you wish to talk with a live person:
- Academic Support Programs: 541-552-6213 (tutoring and academic assistance)
- Admissions Office: 541-552-6411
- Enrollment Services: 541-552-6600 (registration, records, billing and financial aid)
- Financial Aid: 541-552-6161
- Health and Wellness: 541-552-6136 (medical and counseling services)
- Housing: 541-552-6371
- Student Affairs: 541-552-6221
- Student Health and Wellness: 541-552-6136
- Academic Support Programs: a counseling resource for the SOU student
- Athletics: Information about the SOU Raider Sports Teams
- Campus Public Safety
- Clubs: There are many student clubs on the SOU campus
- Housing: Information about housing at SOU
- Stevenson Union
- Student Affairs
- Student Health and Wellness