Homeschooled and Non-Accredited Freshman Admission Process
Your application for admission to the University is a simple process:
- Submit an application and the $50 non-refundable application fee to the Office of Admissions. Click on Apply Now above.
If you qualify, you may defer the application fee (you would not have to pay it until you actually enroll for classes). To see if you qualify check out the Deferral Form.
- If you have completed any college level work, please have that college send us official transcripts.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores. We will also need official scores from two SAT Subject Tests (Math Level I or IIC, and another test of your choice).
- You are not required to submit essays, letters of recommendation, or personal statements as part of the Admissions application process.
- Please contact us for information on demonstrating Second Language proficiency.
- Applicants who have taken the GED (General Education Development) test may be admitted to SOU if they have a minimum score of 410 on each of the five subtests and an overall average score of 550. Post-1996 GED holders must also meet the second-language proficiency requirement.
Applications are processed and evaluated on a rolling basis with no deadline for Undergraduate Admission. We encourage students to apply early (prior to February 1) as financial aid packaging, on-campus housing options, and opportunity for selection of Fall classes can be improved. Applicants will continue to be admitted to the university throughout the year. Apply now!
Also check out our checklist of everything you need to apply!