ASSOU term 2013 - 2014
About Jordan Mortior; While I am a native Oregonian, my hometown being Eugene, I spent much of my life living in the Middle East and Eastern Europe, namely the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Macedonia, and Kosovo, during which time my father worked as a private legal consultant for foreign governments and major NGOs. Much of the rest of my family is also employed by a justice system of some form or another, meaning that I was raised in a very legalistic environment. Indeed, for much of my life I planned to attend law school after my undergraduate work, however recently my attention has shifted in the direction of private political consulting. Nevertheless my interest in legal affairs remains, one of the major reasons I was drawn towards the ASSOU judicial department.
Simon Vivant- Resigned Feb 2014
Position Description: Associate Justices
- The Associate Justices shall be paid officers of ASSOU.
- The Associate Justices will attend meetings of the Legislative Branch, Executive Branch, and any other relevant ASSOU meetings on a rotating basis with the Chief Justice.
- The Associate Justices shall post and attend office hours in order that they stay accessible for ASSOU and the student body.
- The Associate Justices shall be required to attend official branch meetings.
- One Associate Justice shall be voted Vice-Chair by the rest of the Branch.
- The Associate Justices shall sit on Student Conduct Boards.