ASSOU term 2013 - 2014
Major: International Studies
I am a junior at SOU majoring in International Studies. I'm originally from Eugene and came to SOU because I am in love with the atmosphere and people of Ashland.
This is my second year as an officer of ASSOU, I have previously served as an Administrative Justice and as the Vice President. I got involved on campus because I am very passionate about the issues facing students.
Since getting involved with ASSOU I have had the opportunity to fight for students’ rights on campus, at the capital in Salem, and in Washington D.C.
As Chief justice, it is my job to ensure that ASSOU maintains transparency and is held accountable to the students who we serve, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to a judicial meeting.
I look forward to another amazing year working with leaders on campus and across the state!
Job Description for The Chief Justice
- The Chief Justice shall be the chair of all Judicial Branch Meetings.
- The Chief Justice shall facilitate the work of the Judicial Branch.
- The Chief Justice shall abstain from voting except when it is necessary to break a tie.
- The Chief Justice shall sit on the Heads of Government committee.
- The Chief Justice shall post and attend Weekly offices hours in order that the Chief stay accessible for ASSOU and the student body.
- The Chief Justice shall work with the University Coordinator, Student Conduct and Co-Curricular Accommodations and other members of ASSOU to facilitate Student Conduct Board