Student Application and Disbursement Procedures
Health Insurance Subsidy
The Health Insurance Subsidy is a Fund that has been created to provide students access to resources to aid in the ability to acquire medical insurance coverage, in situations where students would otherwise not have the resources to acquire insurance.
To be considered for the Health Insurance Subsidy, students need to:
- Be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours (excluding online courses) during each term in which they receive the health insurance subsidy.
- Do not currently have other health insurance coverage outside of the Voluntary Student Health Insurance Plan offered through SOU.
- Sign up for the Voluntary Student Health Insurance Policy offered through SOU, and have the full premium cost charge to their SOU account.
- Complete the “Student Health Insurance Subsidy Fund Application ”.
- Students will be able to apply for the subsidy for the full academic year, or for a specific term.
- By submitting the Application students will be attesting to the fact that they have no other insurance coverage other than participation in the Voluntary Student Health Insurance option offered through the SOU Health Center (with the help of the subsidy).
- Qualifying students will be eligible to receive a credit up to 50% of the cost of the insurance premium associated with the Voluntary Student Health Insurance offered through the SOU Health Center (subject to the availability of resources in the Health Insurance Subsidy Fund).
- The Health Insurance subsidy credit will be posted directly to the student’s SOU account each term to offset part of the cost of the premium associated with the Voluntary Student Health Insurance
- Receipt of any subsidy is dependent on my continued participation in the Voluntary Student Health Insurance plan. Students withdrawing from the Voluntary Student Health Insurance plan, may have part or all of the subsidy removed from their students account to the extent it exceeds 50% OF any remaining insurance premium costs which has not been previously refunded to their SOU account.
- Resources issued to student are dependent on the availability of funds at the time of the request.
- Applications will be reviewed, and funds will be made available to students on a first-come/first-serve basis.
SOU Student Health Insurance Premium Subsidy Fund
Student Health and Wellness Center
1250 Siskiyou Blvd
Ashland, OR 97520
Tel: (541) 552-6136
Fax: (541) 552-6693