Southern Oregon University employees are expected to hold themselves to ethical values and principles which protect the public trust, avoiding acts which place personal interests above public interest. Selection of vendors should be an impartial and objective process. Gifts from vendors should not be accepted.
Authorized personnel are responsible for ensuring that proper procedures are followed for all purchasing activity and that accounts payable are documented, communicated, clearly understood, and consistently applied. Southern Oregon University may take appropriate action in response to unauthorized expenditures. Such actions include, but are not limited to, providing additional guidance, imposing disciplinary measures, and holding individuals personally liable.
Please find below, Guidelines, Forms, Policies, Procedures, and Resources pertaining to procurement and contracting:
Guidelines for Purchasing
- Department Purchasing Card - Application & Agreement -(formerly "Addendum" Form)
- Request for Increase to Purchasing Card Limits -Form for temporary increase to P-Card limits
- Substitute W-9/Direct Deposit Form -Form for paying Vendor or Contractor (Accounts Payable)
- Federal W-9 SOU Taxpayer Identification Number -Form for paying SOU (Accounts Receivable)
- Purchase Order Form
- Reimbursement Request Form
- Moving Expense Reimbursement Request Form
- Direct Deposit Enrollment/Cancellation Form
- Sole Source Request Form -See Purchasing Agent for rules
- Personal/Professional Services: Short Form Contract -For services $25,000 or less
- Personal/Professional Services: Long Form Contract -For services that exceed $25,000
- Substitute W-9/Direct Deposit Form -For paying Vendor or Contractor
Purchasing Policies, Procedures and Resources
- Account Codes - Easily Find Account Codes in Banner
- Commonly Used Expenditure Account Code List
- Contracting for Personal/Professional Services
- Employee Recognition
- Entertainment -See "Non-Travel Business Meals, Refreshment & Hospitality Procedures"
- Equipment, Computers, and Office Supplies
- Financial Irregularities Policy
- Non-Travel Business Meals, Refreshment & Hospitality Procedures
- OUS Fiscal Policy Manual 70.400 -(Replaces the old Financial Admin Standard Operating Manual - FASOM Policy 13.01).
- OUS Purchasing Limits _US Purchasing/Contracting OAR's -(see division 61, 62, and 63)
- Purchasing Card - Departmental P-Card Usage Policy
- Purchasing Limits
- Surplus Property Procedures
Please contact Business Services, Purchasing Agent, if you have questions or comments. Business Services Purchasing Office is currently located in upper Britt Hall.