Small Business Development Center
Veterans' Small Business Management Program
As a business owner you are aware of the many challenges of managing a successful business. At the Small Business Development Center, WE CAN HELP!
The Veterans' Small Business Management (VSBM) program is designed to help business owners to realize their business and personal goals through improved management, marketing, financial understanding, and organization. Each classroom session covers a specific business topic which will be discussed and explored by the group, followed by one-to-one counseling sessions at the owner's place of business in the weeks between classes. The goal of this format is to provide understanding and implementation.
This program has been shown to improve small business owners' management and leadership skills resulting in greater success and profitability.
Eight, 3-hour classroom sessions with instructor and colleagues supplemented by personalized advising sessions structured like the successful Small Business Management Program used by SBDCs throughout the State of Oregon.Topics Include:
- Leadership Skills
- Pricing Strategy
- Systems and Standards
- Profit Building Techniques
- Operational Management (including HR)
- and more
Classroom meeting dates & Times:
All classes meet at the RCC/SOU Higher Education Center, 101 S. Bartlett, Medford
- Thursday, September 5, 3 PM to 6 PM
- Thursday, September 19, 3 PM to 6 PM
- Thursday, October 3, 3 PM to 6 PM
- Thursday, October 17, 3 PM to 6 PM
- Wednesday, October 30, 3 PM to 6 PM
- Thursday, November 14, 3 PM to 6 PM
- Tuesday, November 26, 3 PM to 6 PM
- Thursday, December 12, 3 PM to 6 PM