FOCUS 2 Assessment
Welcome to FOCUS 2, Southern Oregon University’s online career and education planning system. FOCUS 2 is a self-paced career guidance tool designed to help you select the right major, clarify your career goals, and provide you with valuable occupation information.
Returning FOCUS 2 users:
- Log in HERE.
First-time FOCUS 2 users:
- Click HERE to create a new user account. When prompted, use "Raiders" as your access code. Then decide on your own username and password for future use.
- We suggest you begin by working on the sections detailed below. You do not have to complete every section. Select the ones that best meet your needs. You can exit and return to the program at any time. Each section takes 10 to 15 minutes; the whole program takes about two hours to complete. You can edit or redo the sections as often as you would like.
- When finished, you can print your completed portfolio or access it anytime online.
- Now you are ready to enter the FOCUS 2 site to register as a first-time user.
Junior, Seniors & Alumni:
- FOCUS-2 can help you plan your job and/or graduate school search.
- Start with the 'Your Career Planning Status' in the Career Readiness category. If your scores are in the medium or low range, we highly recommend you complete the five sections in the Self Assessment category.
- Click on the 'Combine the Results of Multiple Assessments' to see how all of your results work together. This will generate a list of occupations related to your assessment results.
- Once you have an understanding of your interests, personality, skills, values & leisure interests, use the 'Explore the Possibilities' section to research potential careers. This section provides information about each career, including educational background and salary information. You can also complete a side-by-side comparison of careers.
- If you would like, you can consolidate all of your reports into a portfolio in the 'Personal Portfolio' section. We recommend you do this step if you have completed most or all of the assessment sections. If you have only taken one or two sections, it may not be necessary.
- If you have any questions about FOCUS 2, please contact the Office of Career Preparation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 541-552-6131. We look forward to discussing your results with you!