Computer Science juniors and seniors may apply for these internship positions directly with the company. Please review the position duties and skills being requested. Applications must be made directly with the business and contact information is on each listing. We encourage you to submit a cover letter, resume, and references as a minimum application packet.
In some cases not all of the requested skills are covered in the SOU CS curriculum. The businesses submitting the internship proposals have been informed of SOU CS coursework and content to an extent. We encourage you to apply if you are interested in a specific position, are committed to delivering results that meet the company's objectives, and are willing to learn on the job.
Revisit this page for new internship opportunities that will be posted as they become available. We look forward to building this program as an exciting new learning opportunity for students as well as a strong bridge with local business in creating future employment positions for graduates. Please contact your faculty advisor if you have questions about the internship program or a position.
Fall 2014 Internship Positions
- Jackson County Government: Documentation, Testing, Coder / Code Checker, Other
- Carma Rides: Website Development / Programming
- Folium Partners: Various Potential Projects including upgrades to Canvas-based tool, porting database information, or updating support language options.
- Lithia Motors: Technician Assistant
- Neighborhood Harvest: Database Development and open source community resource mangement platform
- Real Time Flowers: iOS app involving video, the Vimeo API, and database integration
- Retail Up Position 1: Enhance a Point of Sale System (virtual)
- Retail Up Position 2: Build a Sophisticated Word Press Site (virtual)
- Retail Up Position 3: Add New Functions and Features to ASP E-commerce Sytem (virtual)