Student Help and Resources
- Disability Resources - If you are in need of academic support because of a documented disability, you may be eligible for academic accommodations through Disability Resources. Please call the ACCESS Center (541-552-6213) to make an appointment with Disability Resources. Be sure to identify yourself as an online student and ask for a phone appointment.
- Distance Education Center - The Distance Education Center staff can guide online students in locating the services and support that you need. Please contact us at DistEducation@sou.edu.
- Enrollment Services - The Enrollment Services Center is where you'll find the Registrar, Financial Aid Office, and Business Services, all rolled into one convenient location.
- Hannon Library Online - Search for books, journal articles, media, and more or chat with a reference librarian. You can also receive journal articles electronically through our Interlibrary Loan system. Content area specialists are also available to assist you with research. See Resources/Services for Off-Campus and Distance Education Students for additional information.
- Technology Services for Students - This page provides information on other technology services not already mentioned in this online student orientation. For assistance with logging into MySOU, Blackboard, or your student e-mail account and other technical issues, contact the SOU Student Help Desk at (541) 552-6969 or email@example.com. If you call outside of their normal hours of operation, please leave a detailed message.
- Writing Center - Helps students become more skillful, more effective, more confident, and more resourceful writers. Offers online students the option of working with a writing tutor through email.
- SOU Bookstore - Students can purchase books online through the SOU Bookstore. Students in online courses do not have to pay the $5 handling fee.