School of Education
Getting Started in your Online class
To access your online course you will need to access MySOU. If this is the first time going into MySOU,
Follow these steps:
- go to http://my.sou.edu
- At this time, don't use the login screen
- In the second box on the right side (Account Help), click on "Students-Activate your Account"
- This will take you to a screen - enter the information requested
- Click submit
- This will take you to a page with your user name and directions on creating your password
- You will also have a challenge question - this will allow you to reset your password if you forget it.
- Write this information somewhere so you can find it if you forget it
- NOW, go back to http://my.sou.edu and enter your user name and password that you just created
- Now that you are in the portal, you can access your online courses
- Click on Blackboard on the top, right side of the page
- A new window should open that says "Welcome Your Name" on the left side
- Classes you are enrolled in are listed on the right side, click the class you want to enter
An Orientation Letter is mailed to online students before the beginning of the term. If you did not receive one, you can access the .pdf of the letter.