Grants and Sponsored Programs Administration works to provide support for faculty research, instruction and service activities at Southern Oregon University by promoting and facilitating the acquisition of funds from private and governmental organizations.
The office assists Principal Investigators and Project Directors during all stages of grant development and submission, from identifying funding opportunities and developing budget and cost proposals, to assuring compliance on human subjects and animal care issues. The office works closely with the Contracts and Post Award areas in Business Services to negotiate terms on grants and contracts, establish index codes, and provide information required for reporting. Workshops and one-on-one guidance sessions are available for faculty and staff.
Grants administration resides within the Provost & Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs Office. Dr. Susan Walsh is responsible for overseeing these efforts. Joanne Preston is the Director of Grants & Contracts. Deborah d'Este Hofer is the Grants and Institutional Review Board Administrator.
In addition, Division Directors may be contacted for specific area information. The directors are:
- David Humphrey - Oregon Center for the Arts, 2-6522
- Greg Jones - Business, Communication, and the Environment, 2-6758
- John King - Division of Education, Health, and Leadership, 2-6261
- Scott Rex - Humanities and Culture, 2-6745
- Dan DeNui - Social Sciences, 2-6913
- Sherry Ettlich - Division of Science, Technology, Engeneering, and Mathematics (STEM), 2-6576
- Lee Ayers - Undergraduate Studies, 2-6505
- Jeffrey Gayton - Hannon Library, 2-6833