- The Residence Hall Association (RHA) is the government for the students who live in the Residence Halls. RHA takes a part in the residence hall community by putting on large scale programs and assisting in improving equipment and facilities. RHA is comprised of a General Council and three Area Councils. Residents can be involved in the Area Councils by becoming floor representatives or being elected to the Area Council Executive Board. Students who have been involved in Area Councils have gone on to become RHA Executives, Resident Assistants, and members of ASSOU. Contact your RA or RHA at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
- NRHH is an honorary organization for the top 1% of residential students who demonstrate the NRHH "pillars" of leadership, service, scholastic achievement, and recognition. NRHH is an active part of the residential community at SOU by planning social and service programs as well as recognition events to celebrate the successes of our residential students. NRHH is a branch of the Residence Hall Association, and works closely with this group. Contact NRHH at SOUNRHH@gmail.com.
- SOU has 3 different Area Councils on campus. There is one for Cascade, one for Greensprings, and one for Susanne Homes and Madrone. The Area Councils are governing groups for the complexes in which you live and are open to anyone residing within the complex. These councils often provide fun social activities for their community as well as provide great leadership opportunities for anyone wanting to serve on their executive boards. Ask your RA how you can get involved and come to the weekly meetings!
Apply to be a Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Assistants are student positions designed to keep the residence halls a safe, healthy, and fun place for all residential students. RAs facilitate programming and events in the residence halls, assist with maintenance issues, help promote community standards and a safe living environment, and serve as a resource for a variety of resident inquiries. Leadership, creativity, and initiative are just some of the qualities that can help make a great RA. Being an RA is a fun and unique experience that provides solid opportunities to connect with the campus community.
Apply to be a Conference Assistant (CA)
- Conference Assistants are a combination of a concierge and an event coordinator. CA’s represent Southern Oregon University by acting as a liaison between the conference office and the guest. Customer service is always our top priority. A solid ability to relate with all kinds of people (in different situations and at odd hours) is an essential prerequisite, as is a good sense of humor, the ability to organize work, and budget time.