Web Resources and Guidelines
Student Web Pages
Every SOU student has a Web page automatically created for them. Student Web pages can be viewed at: webpages.sou.edu/~username, replacing username with your actual username.
Student Web pages must follow these guidelines:
- Web pages must be consistent with the campus policies outlined in the SOU Student Handbook, especially those concerning the “Computing Services Acceptable Use Policy” and “Copyright Awareness.” Of special note, it is strictly prohibited to publish on any student Web page:
- Unauthorized reproductions of copyrighted material
- Obscene, lewd, or sexually harassing images or text
- Materials that are slanderous or defamatory in nature, or that otherwise violate existing laws or the University’s codes of conduct
- Materials designed as a commercial activity such as creating products or services for sale. (Personal products or services for sale may be advertised in the SOU eClassifieds.)
- The following disclaimer should appear on all personal Web pages:
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author and are not official statements of Southern Oregon University.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I get an account?
A: If you are a student or faculty at SOU, you already have one. Just sign in.
Q: Where is my website?
A: Your website will be located at http://webpages.sou.edu/~[username] where [username] is your SOU username.
Q: I've changed the owner of my file and now I can't access it. What do I do?
A: Webpages uses's ACLs which affect permissions on the file system. In general, it is not a good idea to change ownership of your files, or mess with group permissions. If you chown a file to another users, change it back.