Oregon Writing Project
Join us for...
- The grammar-writing connection for teachers (June 16-20, 2014)
- Summer 2014 Literacy Leadership Institute (July 28-August 15) APPLICATIONS DUE JUNE 6, 2014
- Introduction to Writer's Workshop (August 18-22)
The Oregon Writing Project at SOU is dedicated to improving the writing abilities of students by strengthening the teaching and learning of writing, providing professional development programs for classroom teachers, and expanding the leadership roles of teachers.
OWP at SOU is one of five campus sites in Oregon and serves the southwest area of the state. OWP is affiliated with the National Writing Project and funded in part by the Federal Government. For more than twenty years, the National Writing Project has promoted and developed teacher-presenters, teacher-consultants, and teacher-leaders all across the United States.
These principles guide our work:
- Writing is fundamental to learning in all disciplines.
- Effective teachers of writing regularly write themselves.
- Teachers learn best from other successful teachers.
- Universities, districts, and schools deepen their work through collaboration.