The Community Preschool at SOU
Parents are an integral part of the SOU program. We value and encourage your input and involvement, but there is no requirement that you do so. Newsletters, calendar of events, informal conversations, and scheduled conferences help maintain open and on-going communication between the parents and Preschool staff.
The lives of children and their overall experiences are enriched by the contribution of parents, grandparents, relatives, and friends. Your participation will held make the program a rich, varied, and interesting one for all of the children.
Some possibilities for involvement include:
• Sharing time by helping in the classroom once a week
• Planning and implementing special activities with the children (cooking, reading stories, narrating plays, field trips)
• Sharing a special hobby or skill
• Inviting children to visit your place of work
• Making or repairing materials, toys, or equipment
• Providing materials for art projects, woodworking or science displays
Early in the year, a sign-up sheet for scheduling time in the classroom and others forms of participation will be available.