Fall Registration for New Students
Directions To SOU
- By Air: Rogue Valley International Airport in Medford (MFR), 17 miles from Southern Oregon University. Rental cars, taxi and shuttle services provide transportation to the university.
- By car: Southern Oregon University in Ashland is 14 miles north of the California/Oregon border on Interstate 5. Ashland is a five-hour drive from Portland and approximately six hours from San Francisco.
- A map of Ashland is available by clicking here.
- A campus map of SOU is available by clicking here.
There are two primary Ashland exits from I-5, exits 14 and 19. The campus is closest to exit 14, the southern Ashland exit. Both exits, however lead to Siskiyou Boulevard. The University is located at 1250 Siskiyou Boulevard, approximately one mile southeast of Ashland's downtown Plaza.
Transportation and Travel
- Traveling in and out of Rogue Valley International Airport in Medford is easy, including transportation from the airport to the SOU campus.
- Transportation to Ashland is also available by train (Amtrak) to Klamath Falls, Oregon and then by shuttle bus to Ashland.
- Bus Transportation is available through the Rogue Valley Transportation District.
- Ashland is small enough and has many bike lanes and bike paths, making travel by bicycle very easy. Ashland was awarded the prestigious Bicycle Friendly Community Award in 2004 by the League of American Bicyclists and has a Bicycle and Pedestrian Commission as part of its City Council.
- Freshmen and all other students can bring their cars. Parking permits are necessary for parking on campus.