"What will it take for me to graduate? Am I on schedule? What if I were to change my major?"
These are the questions that are commonly asked by students; questions that CAPP (Curriculum, Advising, and Program Planning) can answer. CAPP Degree Evaluation is used to compare course work against degree requirements. You can obtain quick and accurate information that shows just where you are on the path to completing your degree.
You can initiate a degree evaluation, view results, and print evaluation reports via SISWeb. You can also do a "What-If-Analysis" to generate an evaluation showing what requirements have been met and what courses need to be taken if you were to change your degree program.
- CAPP degree evaluations are not official.Final approval for graduation is required by your department and the Enrollment Services Center.
- CAPP Degree Evaluation should not take the place of regular academic advising.
- CAPP can only be used for catalog years starting Fall 2000 or later.
- Not all transfer work has been equated to SOU classes and may not show up in the Degree Evaluation reports. Check with your advisor, the Student ACCESS Center, or the Enrollment Services Center on which transfer courses count towards your degree requirements.
- OHSU Nursing students, undeclared majors, and some pre-majors may only run Degree Evaluation on their general education requirements or run a What-If-Analysis on other degree programs.
Help with CAPP Degree Evaluation
- Currently no classes are scheduled, but if you are interested in taking a training class, please send an email to StudentHelpdesk@sou.edu with the days and times you are available and we will try to get a training class scheduled.
- Questions on how to use CAPP Degree Evaluation should be directed to the Student Help Desk via e-mail at StudentHelpdesk@sou.edu or by phone at 552-6969.
- Questions about the content of the degree evaluation report should be directed to your advisor, the Student ACCESS Center, or the Student Help Desk via e-mail at StudentHelpdesk@sou.edu. Calls sent to the Student Help Desk regarding the content of the degree evaluation will be routed to the appropriate office.