"Working collaboratively as advocates for student success."
Student Affairs advocates for student success. We provide resources and individualized service, supporting education and personal development in diverse environments.
An integrated, coherent, data-driven, institutional approach to the recruitment and retention-to-graduation of students at Southern Oregon University
Collectively we are responsible for the coordination of retention efforts and providing services and opportunities designed to assist students in successfully achieving their academic goals and preparing for career and life success.
We accomplish our work within a framework developed through the DEEP (Documenting Effective Educational Practices) initiative:
- “Living” Mission & “Lived” Educational Philosophy
- Unshakeable Focus on Student Learning
- Environments Adapted for Educational Enrichment
- Clear Pathways to Student Success
- Improvement-Oriented Ethos
- Shared Responsibility for Educational Quality & Student Success