Office of Career Connections
Collecting Resumes and Interviewing Candidates
Students utilize SOU CareerLink to view and apply for or on-campus employment opportunities. They can submit resumes, cover letters and other relevant documentation which will be emailed directly to the designated contact indicated on your posting. You may also view a list of applicants and their documents through your SOU CareerLink account. Below are some recommended guidelines to facilitate appropriate communication with students.
- When you receive an applicant's document(s), respond to the student within 48 hours. Inform the student that you have received their documents and provide a hiring timeline. It is recommended that you communicate with students via phone or email.
- Once you have selected candidates that you would like interview, contact them to schedule an interview.
- During the interview process, it is recommended to remain objective and follow EEOC guidelines. Interview guide provided by SOU Human Resource Services.
- Once you have selected your candidate(s) that you wish to hire, contact the candidate(s) and make an employment offer.
- Once an offer has been accepted, contact all candidates (interviewed and non) to inform them that an offer has been made and accepted by another candidate(s).