Time: 9 am – 1 pm (doors open and continental breakfast served at 8:30 am)
Location: Stevenson Union, Rogue River Room – SOU Campus
Today’s first graders will be graduating from high school in 2030, and they are likely to face a landscape of learning, work, and life that is very different than that faced by previous generations.
In this session, education, community, government, and employment stakeholders will:
- consider how drivers of change are reshaping the future of learning, work, and talent and readiness;
- develop a future-informed vision of a learning ecosystem in southern Oregon that serves the region, its economy, and every resident well; and
- learn about successful models of personalized, competency-based learning and identify priorities for collaboration.
Who Should Attend:
- Deans, directors, system leaders and educational innovators from K-20 systems;
- Non-traditional educators including libraries and in-house employer training offices;
- business and non-profit community leaders interested in workforce development;
- legislators and governmental leaders interested in the role of education in healthy communities;
- STUDENTS of all ages and types.
The Day’s Agenda
8:30 – 9 am | Check-in opens; continental breakfast available
9 am | Welcome
Introduction of context, key themes, and presenters.
9:20 am | Drivers of Change
Identify drivers of change shaping the future of learning, the future of work, and the future of talent and readiness.
9:50 am | Making Sense of Possibilities for the Future
Consider implications, critical questions, and possible new realities based on the drivers of change.
10:25 am | Provocations for the Future of Learning
Explore how the drivers of change could be harnessed for positive outcomes.
10:45 am | Break and shuffle tables
11 am | Mapping a Signature Learning Ecosystem
Given the coming changes, consider what a signature learning ecosystem in Southern Oregon would look like: the structures (school, community organizations, employers, etc.) that would need to be in place; how various sectors and stakeholders would interact, contribute, and benefit from this type of approach.
12 pm | Break for Lunch Buffet
12:20 pm | Lunchtime Presentation: Innovations in Teaching and Learning
How states and learning communities are currently implementing personalized, competency-based learning.
12:50 pm | Closing Remarks