Optimize the Future with your Degree
Your impact on the future is determined by your education. Southern Oregon University (SOU) sets up all of our Division of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) students for success by providing quality, innovative experiences. Students build strong community connections through internships, mentorships, field studies and capstone projects ranging from a Bachelor’s in Financial Mathematics to a Pre-Veterinary Medicine program.
How SOU’s STEM Programs are Different
SOU encourages simultaneously exploring an education and various interests. Every STEM program builds skills and fosters growth that will make you stand out from graduates of other universities.
Take the first step toward your future as you:
- develop your skills through hands-on learning and SOU’s in-class or in-field courses,
- hone your technology skills, inspire new ways to problem solve, and study your theories,
- cultivate your passions and ideas so you can successfully grow creatively and intellectually,
- learn in our variety of engaging programs while understanding how to build and transform tech of today to improve tomorrow,
- participate in unique opportunities and top programs offered in our STEM division,
- graduate prepared to succeed in a multicultural, global, technology-driven society, and
- have access to tutoring and mentorship to be completely in control of your academic experience with helpful tutoring and faculty mentorship.
What Can You Do with a Degree from a STEM Program?
Earning a degree from SOU will start your future off on the right foot. In our STEM division, you could graduate and begin a career in any of these exciting roles:
- Mathematics teacher
- Medical or pharmaceutical researcher
- Occupational therapist
“Some of the classes can be difficult, but I embrace the challenge. The faculty are encouraging and always there to help. The small class sizes have helped me thrive as a successful student.”