- be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.18
- 94 ms
- iy_2023; im_03; id_24; ih_20; imh_21; i_epoch:1.67971448655E+12
- ixf-compiler; ixf-compiler_126.96.36.199
- py_2023; pm_03; pd_07; ph_23; pmh_43; p_epoch:1.6782614318E+12
- link-block; link-block_link-block; bodystr
- pn_tstr:Tue Mar 07 23:43:51 PST 2023; pn_epoch:1.6782614318E+12
- 0 ms
- be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.18
Sustainable Tourism Training for Travel Industry Professionals
The tourism sector is at a crossroads -trying to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic while emerging as a stronger, more sustainable industry. While many tourism organizations are excited to build better and become more sustainable, the pathway on how to do that is still not clear for everyone.
The Sustainable Tourism Professional Training is designed for the tourism industry professionals in Oregon. The training will provide foundations in sustainable and regenerative tourism while exploring and interpreting the Travel Oregon transformational strategic vision -identifying a tangible pathway for various tourism businesses and organizations in the journey towards sustainability.
Participants in the training will leave with a thorough understanding of sustainability and sustainable tourism, knowing what Travel Oregon’s transformational strategic vision entails, as well as a set of tools on how to begin/build, measure, and continuously advance sustainable tourism.
Case studies from destinations and businesses worldwide will enrich knowledge and ideas for Oregon businesses and beyond. The practitioners’ training is developed at Southern Oregon University and endorsed by Travel Oregon.
- Develop a thorough understanding of what sustainability and sustainable tourism mean
- Learn about the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GTSC) criteria as a framework for sustainable tourism
- Identify tangible criteria and indicators for measuring sustainable tourism
- Review the Travel Oregon Tourism, Equity, and Stewardship 10-year transformational vision to develop tools for implementation of the vision while advancing sustainable tourism
- Discover “real” examples of sustainable tourism case studies around the world
- Develop a sustainability roadmap for the individual organization’s needs
Learn More about the Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism
With the generous support of Travel Southern Oregon, the first sustainable tourism professional training is offered free of charge!
First Training Workshop
Would you like to get your organization involved in sustainable tourism but don’t know how? If so, Southern Oregon University, Travel Southern Oregon and Travel Oregon invite you to join the first cohort of the Sustainable Tourism Practitioner Training for FREE!
Learn about the theory, practice, and future of sustainable tourism via interactive lectures, local and international case studies, and review of Travel Oregon’s 10-year strategic vision.
When: from 10 am to 4 pm on April 2, 2023 (Pre Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism)
Where: Oregon Convention Center
Lunch will be provided!
Please fill out this form to RSVP. Limited to 50 participants.
Looking forward to seeing you in April!
Contact us for questions about Sustainable Tourism Professional Training:
Pavlina McGrady, associate professor of tourism and sustainability, Southern Oregon University: email@example.com
Ladan Ghahramani – research manager, Travel Oregon: Ladan@traveloregon.com
Image above: Travel Southern Oregon, Travel Oregon, Southern Oregon University
Contact the Business Program
SOU School of Business
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520
– Questions About Business? –