Lead Confidently with your Degree
Your impact on the future is determined by your education. Southern Oregon University (SOU) sets up all of our Division of Education, Health, Leadership and Languages (DEHLL) students for success by providing quality, innovative experiences. Students build strong community connections through internships, volunteer opportunities, and civic engagement in various programs like our Early Childhood Development degree or an Outdoor Adventure Leadership program.
How SOU’s DEHLL Programs are Different
SOU encourages simultaneously exploring an education and various interests. Every DEHLL program builds skills and fosters growth that will make you stand out from graduates of other universities.
Take the first step toward your future as you:
- develop your leadership skills through a mix of SOU’s hands-on learning that provides experience prior to graduation,
- hone your pedagogy, help others, and increase your strategizing abilities,
- cultivate your leadership skills so you can successfully grow creatively and intellectually,
- learn how to inspire and team and lead by example in programs such as our Outdoor Adventure minor,
- participate in unique opportunities and top programs offered in our DEHLL division,
- graduate prepared to succeed in a multicultural, global society, and
- feel empowered by taking control of your academic experience with tutoring and mentorship.
What Can You Do with a Degree from a DEHLL Program?
Earning a degree from SOU will start your future off on the right foot.
In our DEHLL division, you could graduate and begin a career in any of these exciting roles:
- Elementary school teacher
- Personal or team trainer
- Outdoor pursuits coach
- School administrator
- P.E. coach
- Military advisor
- AmeriCorps teacher
- Technical writer
- Recreation guide/instructor
Education, Health, Leadership & Languages Programs
Whatever your background or path forward, SOU is here to support your academic journey and growth.
Here is a list of DEHLL programs available for Raiders:
“Studying OAL allowed me to discover my true passion for the outdoors. By exposing me to activities such as Sea Kayaking, Rock Climbing and backcountry Split-boarding. Core courses like Backcountry Living Skills and Foundations in OAL have the building blocks for pursuing a career and lifestyle in the outdoor industry.”