- be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.18
- 48 ms
- iy_2023; im_06; id_10; ih_01; imh_45; i_epoch:1.68638672502E+12
- ixf-compiler; ixf-compiler_22.214.171.124
- py_2023; pm_06; pd_06; ph_23; pmh_39; p_epoch:1.68611998797E+12
- link-block; link-block_link-block; bodystr
- pn_tstr:Tue Jun 06 23:39:47 PST 2023; pn_epoch:1.68611998797E+12
- 0 ms
- be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.18
The following steps are for high school, international, college transfer, and graduate degree students. Distance and continuing education students have a different application process.
1. Complete the Online Application
Apply for Admission
Create a new user account or log into your existing profile and complete the SOU new student online application. A $60 non-refundable application fee is required.
Effective March 2020, we will accept self-reported GPAs in order to make an admission decision.
*Please note: This is an application for general admission to the University. Some programs/majors may require an additional application process. Please view your intended major’s departmental website for additional requirements and/or deadlines.
*Application fee can be paid through our online application, or if eligible, you may defer your application fee. This form can be brought into the Office of Admissions, mailed to the address listed below or emailed to email@example.com .
Raider on the Spot
If you are planning to visit Southern Oregon University during our regularly scheduled campus tours, will attend a Virtual Information Session, or an Application Hour, you may be able to receive an admission decision on-the-spot. Learn more about how to become a Raider On The Spot at SOU.
2. Submit Required Documents
After you have completed the online application, we will need your “Official” high school or college transcripts*.
For specific requirements see:
We accept both paper and electronic transcripts.
- Electronic transcripts should be sent directly from your school/institution to the Office of Admissions.
- Sealed paper transcripts should be mailed to the Office of Admissions.
* Students applying to SOU Graduate Programs who are SOU alumni or will receive an undergraduate degree from SOU do not need to submit official transcripts.
3. Submit Supporting Documents
To improve your candidacy for admission, you may submit test scores, academic letters of recommendation, counselor recommendations, a resume, writing sample, or similar supporting documentation. Supporting documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Office of Admissions.
4. Check Application Status
After submitting your application to Southern Oregon University, you may check online to see if your required documents have been received. Use the login ID and pin you created for your online application to sign in and view your status. Once we’ve received all required documents, you can expect an admission decision within 2-3 weeks.
Priority Application Deadlines:
Fall term – February 1
Winter term – December 12
Spring term – March 3
Summer term – May 23
Keep in Touch
It’s important to keep communication lines open during the application process.
Email is SOU’s primary method of communication about important dates, deadlines, and documents required. Please check your inbox frequently.
Contact the Office of Admissions
Toll Free: 855.470.3377
Contact SOU Admissions
SOU Office of Admissions
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520
– Questions About Admissions? –