Social Media Strategy
Offered as an Academic Micro-Credential
By completing Southern Oregon University’s 12-credit badge in Social Media Strategy, students demonstrate their ability to conceive, execute, and assess social media campaigns on behalf of clients. The Social Media Strategy badge provides a strong foundation for students interested in securing entry-level employment with clients or employers in marketing, public relations, advertising, or journalism. Students will complete the badge with a portfolio of work samples aligned with planning, writing, and producing social media campaigns.
Completed your requirements and ready to collect your badge? Apply to receive your micro-credential badge here.
COMM 206: Multimedia Writing – 4 credits
COMM 323: Strategic Social Media – 4 credits
COMM 485: Advanced Social Media Campaigns – 4 credits
No additional requirements.
1. Basics of Copywriting for Social Media and Journalism
2. Application of Associated Press Style
3. Brainstorming and Pitching Story Ideas
4. Basics of Social Media Analytics and A/B Testing
5. Creating and Executing an Editorial Calendar
6. Content Management
7. Crafting Strategic Plans for Media and Strategic Communication
8. Account Management and Client Services