- be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.18
- 25 ms
- iy_2023; im_09; id_30; ih_22; imh_43; i_epoch:1.69613900192E+12
- ixf-compiler; ixf-compiler_184.108.40.206
- py_2022; pm_01; pd_27; ph_16; pmh_51; p_epoch:1.64333108178E+12
- link-block; link-block_link-block; bodystr
- pn_tstr:Thu Jan 27 16:51:21 PST 2022; pn_epoch:1.64333108178E+12
- 0 ms
- be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.18
Eligibility Requirements: Student Apartments & Family Housing
The application to apply to live in Student Apartments & Family Housing, is located through Inside SOU. For incoming SOU students, you must first be admitted and activate your network account before having access to the Housing application pages.
Once logged into your Inside SOU account, navigate to the blue box on the right labeled “Online Services” and click on the Housing Portal & Applications link!
From the online application, you can Apply to live in Student Apartments & Family Housing for the 2022 – 2023 academic year.
Make sure you fully read the Student Apartments & Family Housing Rental Agreement before you complete the application.
Proof of Eligibility:
Upon check-in to a rental unit and before signing the Student Apartment & Family Housing Rental Agreement, the University will require the applicant to provide proof of eligibility including, but not limited to, admission certificate, marriage certificate, children’s birth certificates, custody papers, visitation agreements/parenting plan, or other documentation as determined necessary by the University Housing.
If you have been approved to have an animal, you will also be required to provide certain documentation, such as vet records. A full list of required documentation will be provided to you when you sign your Assignment Acceptance letter for an available apartment or house.
A Student Apartments & Family Housing applicant must be officially admitted to the University at the time the rental agreement is signed and the student takes occupancy. To remain eligible for Student Apartments & Family Housing, a resident must register for and complete a minimum of twelve academic credits each term (six for Graduate students): meet the minimum qualifications for satisfactory academic progress as stated in the University Catalogue, and be enrolled in all terms during the academic year.
Student Apartments & Family Housing assigns available units based on a priority structure (please see below). Your particular priority is always the highest priority under which you qualify. If you have questions about your particular priority or place on the waiting list, please call our office at 541.552.6371
Priority for Student Apartments & Family Housing space is given to:
1. Students with child(ren), and to non-custodial parents with an established parenting plan. The spouse and/or child(ren) must reside with the student applicant at least 180 days in the year. Summer-only visitation is not considered a year-round need. Verification of regular residence by the child(ren) may be required.
2. Students who are married, in a domestic partnership, or who qualify under partnership by affidavit are second priority. No more than two (2) adults may reside in each Student Apartments & Family Housing rental premises without written permission from the University Housing Office.
3. Single SOU graduate students, single SOU students at least 25-years of age or older, or students who are active military, reservists, or veterans with honorable discharge.
4. SOU students who have earned Senior (135 credits) status or above.
5. SOU students who have earned Junior (90 credits) status or above.
6. Staff, faculty members on an interim basis (maximum of two years).
All others, including non-SOU students (but excluding OHSU students) and individual students under the age of 25 who are Freshmen or Sophomores, are ineligible to live at SOU Student Apartments & Family Housing without an approved exemption by the office.