- Stay up-to-date about SOU’s COVID-19 Response & Policies
- Need-to-Know Admissions dates and deadlines
- Sign up for campus visits and preview events
- Take the SOU virtual tour
- Connect with your student’s Admission Counselor
- Review the costs of attendance
- Figure out financial aid and the FAFSA
- Search for scholarship opportunities
- Find out more about campus housing
- Learn about student health and wellness
- Understand strategies for learning differences and disabilities
- Get the scoop on student life and recreation
- Keep up with campus safety
- Explore the SOU bookstore
- Support your admitted student
- Join the parent Facebook group
Is SOU a public or private university?
SOU is a four-year public, liberal arts university.
When does the academic year begin and end?
SOU is on a quarter term system. Each term is approximately 10 weeks long with breaks in between. The 2019-2020 academic year begins September 30 and ends June 12.
How will my student hear from SOU?
Student email is the primary mode of communication during the application process. Once admitted, students are assigned an SOU email address to which important messages from Admissions, Financial Aid, and Housing will be sent. Some things, such as acceptance letters and scholarship award letters, may also be sent through postal mail.