- be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.18
- 28 ms
- iy_2022; im_08; id_18; ih_19; imh_19; i_epoch:1.66087556564E+12
- ixf-compiler; ixf-compiler_188.8.131.52
- py_2022; pm_08; pd_08; ph_01; pmh_32; p_epoch:1.65994752634E+12
- link-block-publisher; link-block-publisher_link-block-publisher; bodystr
- pn_tstr:Mon Aug 08 01:32:06 PST 2022; pn_epoch:1.65994752634E+12
- 0 ms
- be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.18
SOU Irregular Registration Requests
Definition and Expectation
Irregular registrations are individualized independent study courses arranged between a student (s) and instructor for a given term.
Irregular Registrations are not to be used to circumvent course descriptions, credits, repeat limits, grade modes, fees, academic calendar deadlines, or other SOU policies.
Students should work with their instructors to discuss the necessity and details of an irregular registration. Instructors must work with their chairs and directors to determine the appropriateness of the course prior to submitting an irregular registration request form. Once the decision has been made to move forward, the online irregular registration request form may be submitted by the instructor or a staff designee. Students are not permitted to submit the form. Instructors will find the link to the irregular registration request form in their Faculty SISWeb under “Faculty Registration Tools.” Forms are completed online by the instructor or staff designee via Formstack.
Once the irregular registration request has been submitted, each party will receive an email to their SOU email address from InsureSign@send.insuresign.com with instructions to approve or cancel the course. Once all parties have approved, Raider Student Services will receive the final approved registration for processing. Raider Student Services cannot process the Irregular Registration until all required approvals have been obtained.
Please note that by approving the Irregular Registration form, students acknowledge this registration is subject to the tuition/fee assessment, refunding schedule and SOU academic policies.
Please allow up to 7 business days for processing once the final approved form has been received by Raider Student Services.
Term Deadlines and Fees
Forms created and submitted after the 10th week of term will not be accepted. The student (s) will need to work with the instructor to pursue the Irregular Registration during the subsequent term.
The following fees may be attached to an irregular registration.
- Irregular registrations received after the second week of the term may incur a $100 late add fee per academic calendar policy.
- Irregular Registrations may incur a $10 processing fee.
- Special course fees. These course fees must be approved in the special fees book and accompanied by an appropriate detail code.
- Mandatory fees as outlined in the fee book will be applied to Irregular Registrations
- Fees such as differential tuition or catalog level fees will remain and cannot be removed from Irregular Registrations
Students are responsible for following up with their instructor(s) to assure that forms are submitted by the proper deadline.
By approving the Irregular Registration form students acknowledge this registration is subject to the tuition/fee assessment, refunding schedule, and SOU academic policies.
Cancellations will require student confirmation in writing. The student may submit an email request to RSS requesting to be dropped from the course. RSS will not add nor drop students from Irregular Registration courses without written request or without signature or email permission.
See the full policy on irregular registrations here.